Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 2015 Newsletter: Think Spring and Flash Fiction

Our next event will be held on April 4th at Past Tense Cider Mill in Lapeer.




Sarah Grimm will talk Flash Fiction and Sue Brower of the Natasha Kern Agency will talk about the Agent/Author relationship.

The event will be hosted by Judy Eick.

Cost is $25 per person which includes lunch provided by Past Tense.

Past Tense is a favorite destination of those living in central Michigan and the Thumb area. Be sure to leave time to visit their country store and awesome bake shop. You'll love the rustic charm and country setting.

Be sure to invite friends who may be interesting in joining the ACFW Great Lakes Chapter.





About Sarah Grimm:

I love stories. 

I strive for quality. 

I'm passionate about helping writers.

As a writer myself, I know what it’s like to be on that side of the fence: You write something, you love it, and you want to share it with the world. Whether you choose to self-publish, publish via the traditional route, or search for an agent, you need to put your best work out there. You want it to be polished until it shines. That’s where I come in. 

My experience comes from performing different types of editing on a regular basis. As an editor for both Pelican Book Group and Splickety Magazine, I perform the duties of acquisitions editor, copy editor, proofreader, and an editor who works closely with authors to get their manuscripts publication-ready. I have edited the work of published and new authors alike. 

Learn more about Sarah at her website.





Sue Brower says ... “I love finding and developing authors and connecting them with the reader. Book publishing has changed dramatically over the past several years and it's no secret that the novels that create buzz through their unique writing or concepts are the ones that become bestsellers.  Over the past 25 years in publishing, I have done marketing, editing, story development and acquisitions for Zondervan, a division of Harper Collins Publishers. Most recently, I was Executive Editor and had the privilege of working with New York Times bestselling authors Karen Kingsbury, Tim LaHaye, Stephen Carter, and Terri Blackstock and was named ACFW's Editor of the Year in 2010. And now I am fortunate to partner with Natasha Kern at the Natasha Kern Literary Agency. “
“I've been an avid fiction fan since childhood and love the way stories are able to change lives, heal hearts, and bring joy to readers. Today, I want to read and acquire women's contemporary, any kind of romance, suspense, mystery and historical novels.  I would love to discover the next breakaway author in any of these genres.”
“I am originally from Arizona and now live in Michigan with my hubby, and three furry "kids," Shep, Ollie, and Pepper.  You can find more information on LinkedIn and Facebook.”