Friday, December 4, 2015

Ready for the New Year!

I still have some gifts to buy and a meal to plan, but the decorations are up and I'm ready for Christmas! Personally things are coming together nicely.

Professionally, however, I'm already into 2016. We're trying to stay ahead of things in the Great Lakes Chapter, so I spent some time today updating our website - please take a few minutes to check it out. I'd like to point out a few things to you:

1. Member News - we have an entire page dedicated to sharing updates and information. We'd love to give you another outlet to brag about your contracts, book release dates, finished manuscripts, weddings - if it's news to you, it's news to us! Please send me your info so I can share it with the world!

2. Writing Tips - did you know that we have a page where you can share your writing tips? If you've published your tips online (blog, magazine, etc.) and you'd like to share them with our members and visitors, send me a link and we'll help spread the word!

3. Pics - nothing in our bylaws or procedures says our pictures have to be GLC conferences only. Did you climb your first mountain this summer? Get married? Have a book signing? Send up your photos and we'll help share your joy!

We'd love for everyone in our chapter to see their name on our site, so please keep sharing your news, tips, and pictures with us - let's see what everyone is up to in 2016!

Have a blessed Christmas and a safe New Year!

Karin Beery
President
karin@karinbeery.com